Sunday 25 September 2016

Hello world...

Hello world...

Thank you for coming to visit my blog. After writing diary's for many years I thought it was time to take the plunge and start blogging in hope of making new friend's and helping other people who suffer from the same problems as me. This is going to be a place to release all the madness that goes on in my head - so please bare with me! It will include topics ranging from mental health to Disney to general lifestyle posts. So let me tell you a little bit about me..

My names Becky, I'm 19 years old and I live in Wiltshire in England. I work full time in childcare and spend most of my weekends seeing my long distance boyfriend of almost a year. I'm obsessed with anything Disney and really enjoy drawing and youtube.

My life has been a variety of highs and lows due to mental health problems appearing for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a young I've been suffering from Social Anxiety, I'll probably do a more detailed blog post on this at some point but for those of you who don't know this means that you have an 'excessive and unreasonable fear of social situations' this means you struggle with a whole variety of things most people would find easy including paying in shops, speaking on the phone and speaking within groups of people you do not know.

Due to this anxiety as I got older I began to feel like I was different from everyone else leading to feelings of worthlessness which lead to the development of depression in around 2013. This depression on top of the anxiety caused me to drop out of sixth form after one year of A levels and then drop out of college after 6 months.

I'm happy to say now things are looking slightly more back on track after a year of counselling and then a year of being in my job and finding my partner. Although I'm still suffering with the social anxiety I've learnt how to control it better and although the depression still hits me hard on some days I've learnt that that's okay. I'm not perfect, I'm only human.

If you're still reading this I want to remind you that you too are only human. You're stronger than the negative thoughts in your head. This is not permanent and you can get through it.

You can do it. I promise.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and feel free to follow me on twitter to stay updated on when I post my next post or to have someone to talk to if you ever need any help. @beckythellama xox





2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog community babe well done for your first ever blog post. Pixie here's my blog too www.pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete