Sunday 2 October 2016

Disneyland Paris Planning and Packing Tips October 2016..

Hi lovelies,

Both the anxiety and excitement are beginning to kick in as it's now only one day until I go to Disneyland Paris! This is my fourth time of going to Disneyland Paris after going twice when I was young with family and then going in summer last year with and old friend.



This year I'm going in October (as it's mine and my partners one year anniversary) and am very excited because this means it the Halloween season - This is also my first time of staying at a Disney Hotel!!! I booked this holiday back in February, If you're looking to book, or have already books and looking for tips check out my planning tips below;

Becky's Planning Tips!: 
Rough Planning of what to do each day

  1. Look around! Don't just go for the first deal you see. Shop around a bit because it's highly likely you will be able to find somewhere cheaper than the first deal you find! On the Disneyland Paris website there are quite often deals such as a certain number of days free. 
  2. Try and book as far as possible in advance - Travel is defiantly cheaper if you book it when the dates are first released and the cheap seats go very quick!
  3. If you can, stay at a Disney Hotel - If you do you get Extra Magic Hours, meaning you can access the park 2 hours everyday before everyone else!
  4. Decide if you need a meal plan - personally I've never had one because as a fussy eater I tend to go towards the cheaper places anyway. If you don't have a meal plan try and work out where you want to eat and make a rough list of how much it would cost so you know how much to budget *always bring more euros than you think because you will end up wanting to buy everything - Me and my partner are bring 1060 for 5 days we are there*.
  5. Finally make sure you plan what you want to do!! It may sound stupid but when you get there, there is so much to do the chances are if you're only going for a few days you can't do everything. Write down a list of all the rides/meet and greets you 'cannot miss' (if you get the chance do not miss the parade and dreams *the firework show* They're so magical!) Try and make a rough plan of what you wish to do each day and try and do the stuff in the same lands at the same time so you're not criss crossing across the park all day. Also do the busiest rides at the time the parades on if you're not watching it as the queues will go right down.



That's just a few tips that hopefully will help you, especially if it's your first time of going to the park. But feel free to ask me any questions in the comments below and defiantly check out any Facebook groups in your country. In UK we have 'Disneyland Paris for Brits' and 'Disneyland Paris Chat Group for Brits' - I didn't know about these on my last trip and they're defiantly helpful! 

If you're anything like me you're not good at packing. I just cannot do it. I never know where do start or what clothes to pack or anything. But hopefully a few of the tips below will help you like they have helped me.

Becky's Packing Tips!;
  1. MAKE A LIST!!!! It is the most important thing. Start the list a long time before you go so you have time to remember stuff you've forgotten and add it on (i'll attach a picture of my list below so you can see some idea of what to pack).
  2. Plan outfits (so you don't end up with your whole wardrobe lol) and pack them rolled up together. On my list I wrote all the outfits I wanted to bring, when I went to pack them I rolled them up together and secured them with a hairband this means that firstly when I go to unpack I can just take the hairband off and boom outfit all together, and secondly they're not going to be all creased from being folded up.
  3. Make sure you bring plug adaptors because French plugs are different to ours - if you have one it may be a good idea to bring an extension lead because then for just one French adaptor you have 4 UK plugs.
  4. Pack things logically - Put all your food together, all your clothes together, tablets together, wash stuff together. Bring carrier bags!! Put all your wash stuff in a carrier bag in case anything leaks! Also bring a carrier bag to put your dirty washing in to bring home. Try and put all your documents and money in a plastic wallet in a safe place so they don't get lost.
  5. Food and drink; Make sure you bring loads of snacks (I'll attach a picture of some of mine) - it's so much cheaper than buying them in the park and you will get hungry in queues. Make sure they're weather appropriate (don't bring chocolate in summer - it will make a mess). Also bring a water bottle, There are water fountains all round the park to refill it and it's so much cheaper than buying drinks all the time!





I hope this is helpful - like I said earlier please feel free to ask me any questions below or tweet me @beckythellama. Please ignore how utterly terrible the formatting is with the photo's - still trying to figure out this website! I'll probably be back next week with a DLP trip report and then a haul. Have a magical week and keep smiling.

Thank you for reading

**************


No comments:

Post a Comment